Go Back   Upstanding Young Adult Club Forums > The Main Forums > Project Club

User Tag List

Old 01-09-14, 06:00 PM   #1
bagsnake
bogsnake

PPD: 19.57
Threads: 2213
bagsnake's Team is: magpies
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fishtank 2015

About this time last year I made a fishtank 2014 thread which ended up being the biggest project club failure this side of mittens so called glory "box". But it wasn't my fault. Home builders and councils were overwhelmed by my architectural masterstroke in hallway designs. Pushing the limits of construction engineering. Adding an S-bend to the hallway only caused further delays. Now the house is finally getting built I can start planning the Goby Memorial Hotel for Fish
bagsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 06:40 PM   #2
bagsnake
bogsnake

bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs

Equipment

I'm pretty set on getting a CADE tank. They are expensive but the build is very sleek and precise. I am sure the fish will fully appreciate being imprisoned in the luxury of low iron glass and thoroughly enjoy the escape attempts of bevel cut edges. Tank is 120cm long, 60cm wide and 55cm deep with a plumbed sump/refugium tank underneath

somebody else's

At the moment my pumps and lighting are constant. Gonna pony up and get fully controllable for both. Full colour spectrum fully adjustable for lighting, with wireless controller and party tricks like lightning storm simulation. Wave makers and turbulent flow for pumps.

#swag
Old 01-09-14, 06:44 PM   #3
bagsnake
bogsnake

Aquascaping

Thing that shits me off about my current tank is way too much rock. It’s not my fault. I listened to the fish nerds that INSISTED that if my tank isn’t 80% full of rocks with 2 cups of water then everything will die instantly. Jokes on them, nearly everything died anyway.

Something like this
Old 01-09-14, 06:46 PM   #4
bagsnake
bogsnake

Coral

Had bad experiences with my leather coral chemical war against EVERYTHING, this time around I want peaceful coral. I had planned to do 100% SPS.

dense sps tank

But seeing clownfish playing in a massive bubbletip anemone at the fish store have given me second thoughts.

Old 01-09-14, 06:51 PM   #5
bagsnake
bogsnake

Inverts

Current Snail

Current Peppermint Shrimp

Current Hermit Crab

Skunk Shrimp

Maxima Clam

Strombus Snail Jnr. Strombs revenge
Old 01-09-14, 06:56 PM   #6
bagsnake
bogsnake

Fish

I’ll leave the most important question to the UYAC democracy

Current clownfish + 1 more (then I can film mating for UYAC pep)
Yellow Tang (gf insists, her favourite fish)

1 Blenny
1 Dragonet
1 Wrasse

5-7 more fish
Old 01-09-14, 06:56 PM   #7
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 铁屁股 View Post

Blue and Yellow Blenny

VS

Comical Blenny

VS

Tailspot Blenny

VS

Mimic Blenny
Old 01-09-14, 06:56 PM   #8
bagsnake
bogsnake

http://www.uyac.com.au/forum/showthr...091#post804091
Old 01-09-14, 06:58 PM   #9
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:

Mandarin

VS

Scooter

VS

Spotted

VS

Ruby Red
http://www.uyac.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=13594
Old 01-09-14, 07:00 PM   #10
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:

Fairy Wrasse

VS

Flasher Wrasse

VS

Mystery Wrasse

VS

Possum Wrasse
http://www.uyac.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=13595
Old 01-09-14, 07:00 PM   #11
bagsnake
bogsnake

Other potential fish

Chalk Bass – Could name it “Chalker”

Royal Gramma – Like a Dottyback only your other fish don’t get beaten to death. Don’t worry, just don’t worry

Lyretail Anthias – I’d get 3 or 4 so they can form a harem

Yellow Clown Goby – Can goby be replaced? Or should I leave the memories alone

Greenbanded Goby – Very small, but cool fish

Candy Cane Hogfish

Watanabe Angelfish – Maybe a pair if possible. They are a bit rare

Hippo Tang (AKA millettang)
Old 01-09-14, 08:39 PM   #12
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

PPD: 8.10
Threads: 1077
sausage milleted all the pep
sausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

pep incoming
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 09:25 PM   #13
Millethouse
Junior Mod

PPD: 17.54
Threads: 342
Millethouse's Team is: giants
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

cannot wait for this to be constructed
Millethouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 09:53 PM   #14
bagsnake
bogsnake

plan is start buying all the bits and pieces next month.

Go wet around Christmas time

Adding fish and corals start of 2015
Old 14-09-14, 03:38 PM   #15
bagsnake
bogsnake

Man, putting together a shopping list is very

Old 14-09-14, 03:44 PM   #16
bagsnake
bogsnake

These prices are just from one source, I know I can scout better deals on most things.

but so far I have

Tank & stand $2700
http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/aq...et-hl1200.html

Lights $1500
2 of these
http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/ne...ng-august.html

plus this
http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/le...for-hydra.html

Wave making powerhead $609
http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/wa...-mp40w-es.html

return pump $289
http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/pu...peed-pump.html

maybe $300 for a good RO/DI unit

still unsure if I want to set up chemical dosing or Zeovit which would be another $500
Old 14-09-14, 03:45 PM   #17
bagsnake
bogsnake

So looking at about $6000 before I even add a fish
Old 14-09-14, 04:14 PM   #18
Dick Car Derby

PPD: 24.30
Threads: 1461
Dick Car Derby's Team is: eagles
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Then you can add $5k fish

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Dick Car Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 04:27 PM   #19
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Car Derby View Post
Have you decided where the new tank will go?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Quote:
yeah, in my posting room.

haven't decided how I will arrange it exactly yet

probably one of these

the room is 2.9m x 4.0m
Old 14-09-14, 04:28 PM   #20
Dick Car Derby

Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam

Quote:
any negatives to having the fishtank at a window?
Old 14-09-14, 04:31 PM   #21
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Other potential fish

Greenbanded Goby Very small, but cool fish

Candy Cane Hogfish
Crossed these fish off the list

Can't get Greenbanded in Australia because of import restrictions, and read too many bad experiences with Hogfish (bullies and eat shrimp/snails/crabs)
Old 14-09-14, 04:32 PM   #22
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Quote:
any negatives to having the fishtank at a window?
Just aesthetic.

Natural sunlight can promote algae growth, but I would use blinds anyway. So no biggie
Old 14-09-14, 04:38 PM   #23
Millethouse
Junior Mod

Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone

if only engineers made decent money
Old 14-09-14, 04:38 PM   #24
Millethouse
Junior Mod

rip in piece fishtank 2015
Old 14-09-14, 04:38 PM   #25
Millethouse
Junior Mod

mods, lock and move to spambot slums
Old 14-09-14, 04:38 PM   #26
Dick Car Derby

dead profession
Old 22-09-14, 07:16 PM   #27
bagsnake
bogsnake

Thinking about tank background.

I really want to get a CADE tank because they look super shmick. But unfortunately they have a clear background.

So my options are

-Keep it clear
-Let coralline algae grow all over it
-Paint it
-Silicone a piece of acrylic internally
-Get a sign writer to make up a sticky vinyl (think shop window advertising)

leaning towards the last option so I don't have to go pure black. I want a lighter colour to match with an open rock work. Pretty much ripping off the design for one of my favourite tanks

Old 22-09-14, 07:17 PM   #28
bagsnake
bogsnake

So what do you say, 254? Gonna make me a thing or what?
Old 22-09-14, 07:21 PM   #29
fucko
reddit gold prospector

PPD: 6.69
Threads: 254
fucko's Team is: eagles
fucko found the cure for depression
fucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

what will your sign say?
fucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-14, 07:22 PM   #30
bagsnake
bogsnake

Decided on these lights and light stand. They just look prey tidy. I hate ugly DIY light stands. Plus I'll be able to maintain the tank/clean glass without moving them. I fucking hate having to move the light to make room to get in there

Probably 2 will be enough for me. they're about 700 a pop
Old 22-09-14, 07:23 PM   #31
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucko View Post
what will your sign say?
Either I copy the tank above's design

Or I just go with a flat colour. Maybe a little lighter than his

Or I get a nice juicy poop drawn up to be my backdrop
Old 22-09-14, 07:37 PM   #32
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
I want a lighter colour to match with an open rock work.
Want to use negative space and rule of thirds like a professional first lesson photographer

Here's the first official concept art

Old 22-09-14, 08:13 PM   #33
Dick Car Derby

can you fit a UNIT sticker on there or not?
Old 22-09-14, 08:17 PM   #34
bagsnake
bogsnake

depends. Twofivefour? Can you make a sticky vinyl UNIT logo? About 120cm long by 55cm tall
Old 22-09-14, 08:17 PM   #35
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Quote:
I want a lighter colour to match with an open rock work.
Want to use negative space and rule of thirds like a professional first lesson photographer

Here's the first official concept art

Did I say "rule of thirds" I meant "rule of big poo next to little poo"
Old 22-09-14, 08:18 PM   #36
Millethouse
Junior Mod

when are you getting lazlow to shit in the tank?
Old 22-09-14, 08:18 PM   #37
bagsnake
bogsnake

aka "rule of turds"
Old 23-09-14, 06:48 PM   #38
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Pretty much ripping off the design for one of my favourite tanks

Just learned this tank has a Bi-Colour Dottyback

Old 27-09-14, 11:56 AM   #39
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

PPD: 16.37
Threads: 520
Vinny No-Post's Team is: lions
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

this is like the fifth set of fishtank plans I've looked at m8

I ain't gonna be fooled again
Vinny No-Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 06:07 PM   #40
bagsnake
bogsnake

Putting together my shopping list

gonna need lots of these

www.fishfuneralkit.com

Tags
build a tank for wilsons gf, how many nemos could wilsons gf eat, i reckon about 100 of the cunts easy, i think you're right because she's so fat, just round it up to 500 to be safe, kind of gross if you ask me, strombus curry recipe, tendulkar hermit crab curry recipe