No 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 21-11-10, 05:51 PM   #1
#1 Millet Fan

PPD: 8.38
Threads: 274
#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep
#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Is it alright to lie to children about Santa? - now with public poll

I say no. It's a pointless lie anyway, children only really care about the presents.
#1 Millet Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 05:54 PM   #2
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

PPD: 16.94
Threads: 519
Vinny No-Post's Team is: lions
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

You're an arsehole. First you hate on Santa and then no public poll.
Vinny No-Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 05:58 PM   #3
#1 Millet Fan

#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep

I am pretty sure if Santa didn't bring presents no one would care. Who really cares about the sleigh and the reindeer and etc. honestly
Old 21-11-10, 06:00 PM   #4
bagsnake
bogsnake

PPD: 20.24
Threads: 2206
bagsnake's Team is: magpies
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Presents are badass.

Don't tell me you don't have good memories of Christmas as a kid? Well why would you try damage that for another kid?

But I am not sure I ever actually believed in Santa. I was one of those smartass kids that asked how can Santa be in every mall, and how can he deliver to that many homes in 1 night, and how can he get in our house when we don't have a chimney.
bagsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 06:18 PM   #5
fucko
reddit gold prospector

PPD: 6.97
Threads: 254
fucko's Team is: eagles
fucko found the cure for depression
fucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)

If I had a kid I'd probably lie to them about Santa because otherwise they'd tell the other kids at school and then their parents would rage. Fuck that.
fucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 06:21 PM   #6
#1 Millet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSISRSRI View Post
Don't tell me you don't have good memories of Christmas as a kid?
I do but none of them are dependent on believing in Santa. Imo Christmas should just be replaced with "Gift Day" or something.
Old 21-11-10, 06:25 PM   #7
bagsnake
bogsnake

bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Walter Dibs View Post
I do but none of them are dependent on believing in Santa. Imo Christmas should just be replaced with "Gift Day" or something.
What are you? German or something?
Old 21-11-10, 06:28 PM   #8
#1 Millet Fan

Yes, actually. >_> Well, part German anyway.
Old 21-11-10, 06:30 PM   #9
Readman

PPD: 4.20
Threads: 684
Readman's Team is: blues
Readman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuck
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

No, it's child abuse.

Children should be raised strictly on rationalism and science. Any mysticism or wonder in the world should be stamped out at the first sign. Instead of Christmas, celebrate Newtonmas (Isaac Newton, a hero of Brights, was born on 25 December) and spend the day discussing the benefits that science has brought to the world.

Also I am really beast.
Readman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 06:43 PM   #10
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readman View Post
No, it's child abuse.

Children should be raised strictly on rationalism and science. Any mysticism or wonder in the world should be stamped out at the first sign. Instead of Christmas, celebrate Newtonmas (Isaac Newton, a hero of Brights, was born on 25 December) and spend the day discussing the benefits that science has brought to the world.

Also I am really beast.
I can imagine

"Now son, if you want Santa to bring you a present I expect you provide me with a well sourced report documenting evidence that he actually exists"
Old 21-11-10, 06:52 PM   #11
#1 Millet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readman View Post
No, it's child abuse.

Also I am really beast.
Honestly if you take "or wonder" out of that post I would agree with it.
Old 21-11-10, 07:00 PM   #12
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

PPD: 15.45
Threads: 799
Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less than 200 posts. What a jerk View Post
If I had a kid I'd probably lie to them about Santa because otherwise they'd tell the other kids at school and then their parents would rage. Fuck that.
That's a reason TO tell them!
Quatterarbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 07:00 PM   #13
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSISRSRI View Post
I can imagine

"Now son, if you want Santa to bring you a present I expect you provide me with a well sourced report documenting evidence that he actually exists"
Needs more sources
Old 21-11-10, 09:01 PM   #14
mittens
I tried so hard And got so far

PPD: 11.71
Threads: 322
mittens's Team is: bombers
mittens found the cure for depression
mittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

can you please just have a drink and shut the fuck up?
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 09:06 PM   #15
#1 Millet Fan

I honestly have no idea why you care so much mittens.
Old 21-11-10, 09:08 PM   #16
Dastardly
scroll

PPD: 2.91
Threads: 170
Dastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errdayDastardly can content farm reddit errday
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yes of course it's fine, lying to children is what being a parent i all about

So, how did everybody else discover Santa didn't exist? Figured it out when the Gameboy games Plague and I got still had Big W stickers on them one year.
Dastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 09:14 PM   #17
#1 Millet Fan

It was the sticker thing for me too.
Old 21-11-10, 10:48 PM   #18
Readman

PPD: 4.20
Threads: 684
Readman's Team is: blues
Readman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuck
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
Yes of course it's fine, lying to children is what being a parent i all about

So, how did everybody else discover Santa didn't exist? Figured it out when the Gameboy games Plague and I got still had Big W stickers on them one year.
I don't remember how I found out Santa didn't exist but my dad has a funny story.

He was quite young and in the car with his mum and one of his elder brothers (Catholic family and he had like 6 brothers and 2 sisters or something crazy like that).

His brother said something about their dad getting Christmas presents for them and his mother told him to be quiet because my dad still believed in him. My uncle then says "No, it's OK - he already knows that Father Christmas isn't real."

My dad didn't know that he wasn't real, but had to act like he did in order to look cool in front of his brother.
Readman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 10:53 PM   #19
mittens

mittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Walter Dibs View Post
I honestly have no idea why you care so much mittens.
i live vicariously through neckbeards on the internet
Old 21-11-10, 10:55 PM   #20
eintien
Never met a more butthurt guy

PPD: 28.71
Threads: 1373
eintien's Team is: dockers
eintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autists
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to eintien

I tricked my parents into thinking I believed in Santa by sneaking out Christmas eve and eating the milk and cookies we left. Blew their minds the next morning.
eintien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-10, 10:56 PM   #21
eintien

eintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autists

Also you're a fucking monster if you tell your kids Santa doesn't exist before they turn 5 or 6.
Old 21-11-10, 11:30 PM   #22
#1 Millet Fan

Honesty is the best policy.
Old 21-11-10, 11:32 PM   #23
eintien

"Hey son, you're going to die in 70 years, and after you die you descend into a state of nothingness. Enjoy your day at school!"
Old 21-11-10, 11:38 PM   #24
#1 Millet Fan

70 years if you're lucky*
Old 22-11-10, 05:35 AM   #25
TAT
30 Years United

PPD: 11.05
Threads: 350
TAT's Team is: eagles
TAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoonTAT has the third spoon
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

Some stupid little girl at midnight mass told me santa wasn't real when I was 8 or 9.
I didn't spoil the surprise for anyone.

I don't see what the big deal about it is. If people want to be gay for Christmas, let them
TAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-10, 02:53 PM   #26
Gutsman Heavy

PPD: 0.03
Threads: 3
Gutsman Heavy is a posting behemothGutsman Heavy is a posting behemothGutsman Heavy is a posting behemoth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

not cool, kids have thier whole life to know how shitty real life is, let them have santa you bastards
Gutsman Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-10, 07:17 PM   #27
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

How about if you replace Santa with a different present giver?
Old 23-11-10, 07:18 PM   #28
#1 Millet Fan

Such as: yourself.
Old 23-11-10, 09:42 PM   #29
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only eats long vegetables View Post
Point out one historical example where this is the case.
Old 24-11-10, 12:59 AM   #30
immol8
likes ducks

PPD: 0.57
Threads: 16
immol8's Team is: swans
immol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUM

Eh, kids seem to get a kick out of it, and I never resented my parents for going along with it so why not?
immol8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-10, 01:05 AM   #31
mittens

i still don't understand why you'd object? what harm is it doing?
Old 24-11-10, 01:08 AM   #32
immol8
likes ducks

PPD: 0.57
Threads: 16
immol8's Team is: swans
immol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMimmol8 'S POWER IS MAXIMUM

mittens, think of the children
immol8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-10, 01:11 AM   #33
mittens

not allowed to, court order
Old 24-11-10, 08:53 AM   #34
#1 Millet Fan

Just seems like a pointless lie to me. In hindsight I should have named the thread "would you lie about Santa to your children" or something.
Old 24-11-10, 03:21 PM   #35
mittens

Of all the lies children are fed, this is what you take issue with?
Old 24-11-10, 03:26 PM   #36
#1 Millet Fan

It's one of them...
Old 24-11-10, 03:27 PM   #37
mittens

where are the threads then, chump?
Old 24-11-10, 03:27 PM   #38
mittens

5k.
Old 19-09-14, 10:45 PM   #39
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny No-Post View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only eats long vegetables View Post
Point out one historical example where this is the case.
still waiting on an answer gio
Old 20-09-14, 08:26 AM   #40
Millethouse
Junior Mod

PPD: 18.12
Threads: 341
Millethouse's Team is: giants
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Its gotten Wilson to leave a few times
Millethouse is online now   Reply With Quote