Go Back   Upstanding Young Adult Club Forums > The Main Forums > SRS

User Tag List

Old 15-07-09, 03:04 PM   #1
BM2
RIP! UYAC bog (。˘з˘)ᗡლ==8

PPD: 4.31
Threads: 78
BM2 found the cure for depression
BM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE the thread

So anyway, interesting bits of science, and discussion thread.

To kick us off, an interesting thought regarding attractiveness and ejaculate.

Quote:
The Evolution of Ejaculation Strategies

According to a paper to be released in the September issue of the journal "American Naturalist", the number of sperm a male ejaculates may be correlated to his attractiveness as measured by the females in the population. The idea came forth after scientists at University College London and the Oxford University mathematically modeled the optimal "sperm load" to maximize daddiness across a range of mating patterns. The research, which took place late one Friday night at the corner bar, was one of several proposed ideas to "settle a bet" between two of the scientists.

The results suggest that males who attract more females may produce fewer sperm per mating than those who aren't so lucky. Essentially, the model shows that the optimal way to get lots of offspring is to mate with as many females as possible, even if those matings involve fewer sperm and, thus, a lower probability of conception per 'bow chicka bow wow'. Conversely, males with fewer opportunities to mate should put all their sperm in whatever baskets they can woo. This increases the probability of conception per mating, an advantage when you can't get much.
This idea is in contrast to the assumption that higher quality males are more fertile. The authors recognize that the pattern may not hold true for all species, given the diversity of mating strategies across taxa. They also state that it is difficult to know how these findings apply to humans and other primates. However, we all know that was just a CYA statement and, in actuality, they nailed it.

Future studies will focus on comparing sperm load in males that are similarly attractive but with differing access to prime sperm-making resources. The authors do not mention which species will have the joy of settling this bet, but the odds of the results being apt for Homo sapiens is about 100:1.

Fig. 1 A schematic representation of optimal sperm load by relative attractiveness

Mr. Sprinkles

Exxon Valdez

Citation:
'The evolution of continuous variation in ejaculate expenditure strategy' by S. Tazzyman, T. Pizzari, R. Seymour, and A. Pomiankowski will be published in the September issue of the journal American Naturalist.

Fascinating!
BM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 03:11 PM   #2
bagsnake
bogsnake

PPD: 19.89
Threads: 2211
bagsnake's Team is: magpies
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What effect does jerking off 8 times a day have?
bagsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 03:17 PM   #3
Flexx

PPD: 1.32
Threads: 107
Flexx's Team is: tigers
Flexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virgin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Flexx

My understanding of this is that what it's saying is that the more actual sex you have, the less sperm you will ejaculate each time.
Flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 03:18 PM   #4
BM2

BM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depression

Probably temporary Mr Sprinkles, attractiveness or not. <.<
Old 15-07-09, 03:21 PM   #5
bagsnake
bogsnake

bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs

I wouldn't mind seeing raw data

beating off 100 times in 100 days
Sex with the same girl every day for 100 days
Sex with a new girl everyday for a 100 days

Anybody think it'd actually effect sperm levels?
Old 15-07-09, 03:23 PM   #6
BM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kexx View Post
My understanding of this is that what it's saying is that the more actual sex you have, the less sperm you will ejaculate each time.
Not exactly - what it is hypothesising is that those that are more LIKELY to mate more often, ejaculate less sperm. Even if mating frequency happens to be equal.

That is, it's in direct opposition to the idea that the stronger and more attractive a male is, the more fertile he will be.

EDIT: Which I think is the current assumption.
Old 15-07-09, 03:33 PM   #7
Flexx

Flexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virginFlexx is still a virgin

I'm not sure if that is what it's saying. This story has been all over the media, but it's been bastardised in a way that makes actually getting information out of it almost impossible.

For example; in the article you've posted it says

Quote:
The results suggest that males who attract more females may produce fewer sperm per mating than those who aren't so lucky. Essentially, the model shows that the optimal way to get lots of offspring is to mate with as many females as possible, even if those matings involve fewer sperm and, thus, a lower probability of conception per 'bow chicka bow wow'. Conversely, males with fewer opportunities to mate should put all their sperm in whatever baskets they can woo. This increases the probability of conception per mating, an advantage when you can't get much.
Which is not the same at all as saying that more physically attractive people produce less sperm.

So I get the feeling that "attractiveness" is being used interchangably with "frequency of sex" and that the second term is more correct.
Old 15-07-09, 03:42 PM   #8
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

PPD: 0.08
Threads: 2
fishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemoth

I couldn't find the one with the black guy.
fishfishmonkeyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 03:43 PM   #9
BM2

Quote:

Which is not the same at all as saying that more physically attractive people produce less sperm.

Yes, but that paragraph is talking about the model, which is the "rationale" for the adaptation. The adaptation should be present regardless of actual frequency of mating. The independent variable that we are looking at here is perceived attractiveness.

This hypothesis would not nearly be as interesting if it was just looking at frequency. Because then it's like... duhhhh, more frequent ejaculation.
Old 15-07-09, 03:47 PM   #10
Flexx

Yeah, but I think they judged "perceived attractiveness" by number of sexual partners. Sometimes science isn't as interesting as the media makes out. Sad but true.

Anyway, we'll have to wait until September to find out.
Old 15-07-09, 05:03 PM   #11
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

PPD: 16.64
Threads: 520
Vinny No-Post's Team is: lions
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

Quote:
I'm not sure if that is what it's saying. This story has been all over the media, but it's been bastardised in a way that makes actually getting information out of it almost impossible.

So I get the feeling that "attractiveness" is being used interchangably with "frequency of sex" and that the second term is more correct.
I wonder if it is instead a physiological reaction to social status, ie. if your mind realises that you're viewed as attractive then your body rations your junk.
Vinny No-Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 05:31 PM   #12
BM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindik8or View Post
I wonder if it is instead a physiological reaction to social status, ie. if your mind realises that you're viewed as attractive then your body rations your junk.
I wonder if it may be a psychological and physiological reaction to mating in general - that is, for a dominant male it is just another day at the orifice, but for the non-dominant male, he puts all of his heart, soul and sperm into his mating. :')
Old 15-07-09, 05:41 PM   #13
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam

BM2, were that I could mate with your orifice!
Old 15-07-09, 05:43 PM   #14
BM2

In other news, what the FUCK

This video already has 6.5 million views, so I have come to the party late. But it's kinda interesting (and also flesh-crawlingly repulsive)

Quote:
I've been on vacation for the past week, so I missed a lot of the hype and buzz on this viral video. Though it seems that there was rampant and sophomoric hypothesizing about what it might be, we know it to be a writhing pile of tubifex worms. I've had more than my fair share of dealing with tubifex worms, as I've fed them to my aquarium fish in the past. But that practice was soon banished from my home when I accidentally didn't seal the worms' container properly and the tupperware clattered to the bottom of the refrigerator, leaving a writhing pile of worms for my wife to discover. There's a lesson in this: writhing piles of worms rarely lead to marital harmony.

Also of interest: youtube comments

Quote:
i just want to shoot it with a shot gun or burn it...like popping a pimple/zit
Quote:
DEVIL EGG
Quote:
i think im gunna cry
Quote:
looks like a colonoscopy.... actually... a pulsating hemorrhoid
Quote:
omg you guys are stupid. this is a human body, not a sewer.
Quote:
I Hope That Shet Aint In Fayetteville Cus If So Im Freaking Moving ASAP
Quote:
If this is a alien or whatever it is do you really think the government will let youtube show it the government would NOT let this video have over 6 million views come on people its not dangerous to anyone if it was this video would of been taking down on 3 views
Quote:
Oh yeah don't you know the government controls everything? God you're a stupid idiot.
Quote:
fake
Quote:
Fuck Israel

The Mossad are Homo & GAY
Quote:
It's one of the worms from planet Dune making spice.

And these are just the most recent ones~!
Old 15-07-09, 07:04 PM   #15
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Fuck Israel

The Mossad are Homo & GAY
hahahaha
Old 15-07-09, 07:45 PM   #16
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Supercooling.

Superheating.
Old 15-07-09, 07:54 PM   #17
A.F.Ceatz
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıunɾ

PPD: 0.42
Threads: 24
A.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPP

I can do that with a Corona.
A.F.Ceatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 08:34 PM   #18
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

fishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemoth

If you had one of those printers that can print objects in 3D, what would be the best use of it?

Printing more printers.
Old 15-07-09, 09:45 PM   #19
A.F.Ceatz
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıunɾ

PPD: 0.42
Threads: 24
A.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPPA.F.Ceatz has most likely been banned from PCPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfishmonkeyhat View Post
If you had one of those printers that can print objects in 3D, what would be the best use of it?

Printing more printers.
Awesome.
A.F.Ceatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 11:57 PM   #20
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfishmonkeyhat View Post

Printing more printers.
Fuck. Yes.
Old 16-07-09, 12:08 AM   #21
Silver
:~)

PPD: 3.71
Threads: 21
Silver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoonSilver has the third spoon
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Supercooling.

Superheating.
Wow, is there an explanation behind this?
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 12:22 AM   #22
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

I assume you are familiar with a wikipedia? I've even been so kind as to give you the actual terms for each of these phenomena.
Old 16-07-09, 04:00 AM   #23
BM2

*siiiiigh*

I remember, as a kid, I wasn't particularly impressed with dudes landing on the moon. I figured that in a few decades,we'd all be living in space stations and shit.

Only much later did it dawn on me that holy shit, they landed three men on the moon and brought them back. That's one hell of a feat. Forty years ago.
Old 16-07-09, 11:27 AM   #24
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

Old 16-07-09, 11:35 AM   #25
twofivefour
these guitar notes are so good

PPD: 6.18
Threads: 213
twofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoon
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
In other news, what the FUCK

As long as it isn't this, we're all fine.
twofivefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 12:54 PM   #26
bagsnake
bogsnake

Military robots that can fuel themselves with dead bodies

Quote:
It could be a combination of 19th-century mechanics, 21st-century technology — and a 20th-century horror movie.

A Maryland company under contract to the Pentagon is working on a steam-powered robot that would fuel itself by gobbling up whatever organic material it can find — grass, wood, old furniture, even dead bodies.

Robotic Technology Inc.'s Energetically Autonomous Tactical Robot — that's right, "EATR" — "can find, ingest, and extract energy from biomass in the environment (and other organically-based energy sources), as well as use conventional and alternative fuels (such as gasoline, heavy fuel, kerosene, diesel, propane, coal, cooking oil, and solar) when suitable," reads the company's Web site.

That "biomass" and "other organically-based energy sources" wouldn't necessarily be limited to plant material — animal and human corpses contain plenty of energy, and they'd be plentiful in a war zone.

EATR will be powered by the Waste Heat Engine developed by Cyclone Power Technology of Pompano Beach, Fla., which uses an "external combustion chamber" burning up fuel to heat up water in a closed loop, generating electricity.

The advantages to the military are that the robot would be extremely flexible in fuel sources and could roam on its own for months, even years, without having to be refueled or serviced.

Upon the EATR platform, the Pentagon could build all sorts of things — a transport, an ambulance, a communications center, even a mobile gunship.

In press materials, Robotic Technology presents EATR as an essentially benign artificial creature that fills its belly through "foraging," despite the obvious military purpose.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532492,00.html
Old 16-07-09, 01:39 PM   #27
Flexx

Presumably it could use unsuspecting live bodies as well...
Old 16-07-09, 02:00 PM   #28
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

"It turns out we don't even need to send our side in!"
Old 16-07-09, 02:56 PM   #29
meatrocket
Do you suck balls?

PPD: 0.20
meatrocket has most likely been banned from PCPPmeatrocket has most likely been banned from PCPPmeatrocket has most likely been banned from PCPPmeatrocket has most likely been banned from PCPP

Showing once and for all that steam punk is the best punk.
meatrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 03:03 PM   #30
bagsnake
bogsnake

400 million year old penis discovered

Quote:
July 14, 2009 -- Scientists have confirmed the oldest penis-like structure in an ancient fish specimen.

The discovery of the 400 million-year-old reproductive organ is one of the earliest examples of internal fertilization in vertebrate animals. Understanding the anatomy of these ancient fish could reveal further details in the evolution of vertebrates -- including humans.

The research is published in today's advanced online ahead of print edition of Nature.

Earlier this year the team, led by Australian palaeontologist Dr John Long, predicted some ancient fish from the Devonian era, had an attachment to their pelvic bone, which were used by males to fertilize females.

Long, of Museum Victoria, said "when we announced we'd found some structures in the pelvic fin that suggested copulation, we hadn't found the business end of how they were doing it."

Now the team have identified a long clasper, made entirely of bone, on another fish specimen. Long said claspers were used by the ancient fish, an extinct class of armored fish called placoderms, to grip inside the female while they were mating.

"It's a pretty big find because placaderms were the dominant fish for 70 million years, but we knew nothing about their reproduction," said Long.

He said their work earlier this year suggests the reproductive structure in the dominant group of placoderms, called arthrodires, was similar to present-day sharks.

"Now we've actually found it, a specimen with an undoubted clasper with a knobbly end."

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/0...ale-organ.html
Old 16-07-09, 03:30 PM   #31
Flexx

Quote:
Supercooling.
I had this happen to some of those ice pop things (the plastic tube of flavoured water you put in the freezer).

What the video doesn't show is that it doesn't turn into full on ice but more of a sludgy half-ice half-water thing.
Old 16-07-09, 03:56 PM   #32
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

It kinda shows that.
Old 16-07-09, 03:58 PM   #33
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Quote:
I had this happen to some of those ice pop things (the plastic tube of flavoured water you put in the freezer).

What the video doesn't show is that it doesn't turn into full on ice but more of a sludgy half-ice half-water thing.
There were other videos of people pouring it to cause the nucleation, but they overdubbed it with rubbish, rubbish music. It showed the ice flowing over itself as slush.
Old 17-07-09, 12:56 PM   #34
Araenel
Battler

PPD: 1.09
Threads: 20
Araenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cuntAraenel is a fucken ranga cunt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anything Richard Wiseman does it pretty awesome.
Araenel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-09, 05:45 PM   #35
BM2

This is a pretty neat little factoid

Quote:
In the world of horse-racing, the horses understandably get all the attention but much of the thrill of today's races depends on the jockeys. Their modern riding posture - the so-called Martini glass - has led to a dramatic improvement in race times, by making things much easier on their horses.

Modern horse-racing has been going on for over two centuries, but in its earliest days, jockeys would ride vertically. The modern, crouched style was only developed in the late 19th century in the US. By 1897, it has been adopted in the UK and by 1910, it was a global phenomenon. The new posture clearly had benefits for the horses for in the few decades after its introduction, race times improved by 5-7%, more than they did in the subsequent century.

You might think that crouching down speeds up races simply by reducing drag on the horse, but not so. Jockeys may be bent over but they still sit fairly high on their mounts, much higher than, say, a track cyclist does on theirs. This high posture means that from the front, the total area of horse and rider doesn't change very much between the upright and modern riding styles. Less than 2% of the total work done by the horse's muscles is spent on overcoming this extra drag.

Instead, Thilo Pfau at London's Royal Veterinary College has found that the uncomfortable stance greatly reduces the burden on the horse by uncoupling its movements from those of its rider.

Pfau analysed the movements of three jockeys riding five racehorses, using a variety of sensors attached to the saddle and the jockeys' hats and belts. His readings showed that jockeys move out of phase with their mounts, so that as the horse is rising in its stride, its rider is falling. The upshot is that the jockeys stay relatively level during the race. The horses still have to support their weight, but they don't have to accelerate or decelerate them through each stride cycle. And that saves them a considerable amount of energy.

The same principle is at work in a bungee-powered backpack design that was announced three years ago. When we walk with a normal backpack on, the up-and-down movements of our hips causes the backpack to bob along too. Every step we take, the pack swings downwards with a large force that strains our shoulders and back. But Lawrence Rome minimised these forces by creating a backpack where the load is suspended from the frame by bungee cords. As the bungee-pack's bearer walks, the load bounces out of phase and stays relatively level, reducing the maximum force on the wearer by around 80%.

The same applies to jockeys who, while small, still weight around an eighth of the horses' own body weight. If that extra load slams onto the animal on the downward part of every stride, the result will be a more tired and slower horse. The Martini-glass posture allows the jockey to act like the bungee-powered backpack, with his own legs acting as the cords.

Their steady posture belies the huge effort that jockeys have to make to reduce the burden on their mounts. Their legs must flex up and down to compensate for their horses' movements and actually, it seems that they slightly overcompensate. As a result, their heartbeats skyrocket to around 180 beats per minute and they build up huge amounts of lactic acid. It's as physically demanding a sport as any other.

Reference: Science 10.1126/science.1174605

Image: from Science/AAAS

[link]
Neat~!
Old 17-07-09, 06:00 PM   #36
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

PPD: 15.20
Threads: 801
Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

Quatterarbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-09, 08:41 PM   #37
bagsnake
bogsnake

Genetic characteristics of different races

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humantypes2.html

White people

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humantypes1.html

Asians

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humantypes3.html

Blacks

Entertained me for 10 min
Old 18-07-09, 08:41 PM   #38
bagsnake
bogsnake

Genetic characteristics of different races

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humantypes2.html

White people

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humantypes1.html

Asians

http://www.cedarseed.com/fire/humantypes3.html

Blacks

Entertained me for 10 min
Old 18-07-09, 09:03 PM   #39
BM2

lol @ Ainu

Old 18-07-09, 09:11 PM   #40
bagsnake
bogsnake