Upstanding Young Adult Club Forums  

Go Back   Upstanding Young Adult Club Forums > The Main Forums > Lounge

User Tag List

Old 28-08-10, 04:46 PM   #1
super8

PPD: 2.11
Threads: 417
super8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Coffee thread

Thread for coffee. Mainly if you're making it yourself at home but feel free to brag about ordering long blacks to impress ladies.

If you drink instant coffee then fuck off, I don't want to hear about whether you ad the milk first or last it tastes like shit either way.

So what kind of beans you guys using and is their any advantage to grinding beans myself rather than letting the people at the shop do it?
super8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-10, 04:50 PM   #2
super8

super8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidthsuper8 exceeded bandwidth

Also how many coffees a day do you have?
Old 28-08-10, 05:07 PM   #3
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

PPD: 15.53
Threads: 520
Vinny No-Post's Team is: lions
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)

I don't drink coffee, but my girlfriend does. I bought her a coffee machine for her birthday this year, and we buy beans from Merlo. From what I've figured out, you get the best quality from the beans that have spent the least amount of time in production, transport and storage, so in a pinch you're probably best off choosing Australian beans. As with just about any food item, you can tell its quality from the odour, so get your nose in there and have a good snort.
Vinny No-Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-10, 10:15 PM   #4
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

PPD: 14.26
Threads: 810
Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

I normally have between 3-5 a day. Espresso for me.
Quatterarbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 12:48 AM   #5
Lazlow

PPD: 7.11
Threads: 265
Lazlow's Team is: eagles
Lazlow milleted all the pep
Lazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Co-worker's family runs a coffee plantation up on the Tablelands, so the coffee is pretty ace at work.
Lazlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 02:16 AM   #6
mittens
I tried so hard And got so far

PPD: 10.72
Threads: 322
mittens's Team is: bombers
mittens found the cure for depression
mittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Grind the beans yourself. Grounds will go stale quicker than full beans. Ideally, keep the beans in something like this.

I buy these beans.
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 03:16 AM   #7
Bad Mother Arse Lover

PPD: 2.00
Threads: 10
Bad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationship
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bad Mother Arse Lover Send a message via MSN to Bad Mother Arse Lover

If you're in the market for a machine, go full-auto but not super-auto. Automatic milk frothers seem to be messier than just 1/4 filling a mug and whacking it under the steaming wand.

Have one-two short blacks a day, at late as night as possible. Only way I can get a decent night's sleep. Have it almost ristretto strength, with a reasonably acidic blend of beans (robusta and sumatra - odd blend but works well). Buy my beans whole and whack 'em in the fridge. Not considered the most affective place for them but they do keep a lot fresher.
Bad Mother Arse Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 10:55 AM   #8
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam
Vinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcamVinny No-Post should get a webcam

Yeah it's 'effective'. You're fucken banned from using the comma, cunt.
Old 29-08-10, 02:15 PM   #9
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens again View Post
Grind the beans yourself. Grounds will go stale quicker than full beans. Ideally, keep the beans in something like this.

I buy these beans.
We get a custom mix of beans. Grind it and slam that shit.
Old 29-08-10, 06:38 PM   #10
tyrone bud
heaps good

PPD: 0.11
Threads: 5
tyrone bud could be a spambot - we aren't suretyrone bud could be a spambot - we aren't sure
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

fuck coffee i've never tried that shit, i don't even like the smell of it. closest i've come to trying it is accidentally eating a coffee tim tam one time.

i prefer something like this any day

tyrone bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 06:48 PM   #11
jewbee
SHE GOT A DONK

PPD: 0.26
Threads: 58
jewbee moderates for hyperactive forums
Send a message via AIM to jewbee Send a message via MSN to jewbee Send a message via Yahoo to jewbee Send a message via Skype™ to jewbee

continental roast is the worst coffee in the world
jewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 06:57 PM   #12
Indiana Banderas
Single for the night.

PPD: 0.12
Threads: 11
Indiana Banderas is a posting behemothIndiana Banderas is a posting behemothIndiana Banderas is a posting behemoth

I love coffee. One of the nicest I've ever had was just a regular tall cappuccino with a shot of roast almond syrup. Whoa.

I purchased a coffee machine earlier on in the year and have easily got my moneys worth out of it. The only downside is that I make my coffee relatively strong, so now whenever I have a cappuccino elsewhere, it tastes weak and bland to me.
Indiana Banderas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-10, 07:17 PM   #13
super8

Lol cappuccino. Maybe the problem is that there is sand in your vagina.
Old 29-08-10, 07:27 PM   #14
Indiana Banderas
Single for the night.

Indiana Banderas is a posting behemothIndiana Banderas is a posting behemothIndiana Banderas is a posting behemoth

fuck you i like milk fluff
Old 29-08-10, 07:58 PM   #15
Millethouse
Junior Mod

PPD: 16.72
Threads: 343
Millethouse's Team is: giants
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

I got some Columbian coffee at the moment which my sister in law got for me when she was over there. No brand name just wrapped up and it is fan-fucking-tastic. I usually just roll with Lavazza.

I'm a 2-3 cups a day man. Love it fantastic, anyone who drinks tea is a homosexual.
Millethouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-10, 09:49 AM   #16
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkOoL View Post
I got some Columbian coffee at the moment which my sister in law got for me when she was over there. No brand name just wrapped up and it is fan-fucking-tastic. I usually just roll with Lavazza.

I'm a 2-3 cups a day man. Love it fantastic, anyone who drinks tea is a homosexual.
The bad type of homosexual just to clarify.
Old 30-08-10, 12:38 PM   #17
Bad Mother Arse Lover

Bad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationship
Send a message via AIM to Bad Mother Arse Lover Send a message via MSN to Bad Mother Arse Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewbee View Post
continental roast is the worst coffee in the world
Followed closely by 'smells like farts' Blend 43. Nescafe Kenjara is still the only instant coffee I've ever enjoyed, sadly out of production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguns McSteel View Post
I love coffee. One of the nicest I've ever had was just a regular tall cappuccino with a shot of roast almond syrup. Whoa.

I purchased a coffee machine earlier on in the year and have easily got my moneys worth out of it. The only downside is that I make my coffee relatively strong, so now whenever I have a cappuccino elsewhere, it tastes weak and bland to me.
You're not meant to have white coffee strong. You might be able to get away with it if your beans are low in acidity and you don't add any sugar but still, wut is wrong wit u.
Old 30-08-10, 12:57 PM   #18
mittens

mittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Jam View Post
Followed closely by 'smells like farts' Blend 43. Nescafe Kenjara is still the only instant coffee I've ever enjoyed, sadly out of production.
I didn't mind their Noir. I don't know if they still make it, though.
Old 30-08-10, 01:12 PM   #19
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

PPD: 7.66
Threads: 1077
sausage milleted all the pep
sausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

I buy the cheapest instant on the shelf; I'm no fuckin elitist scumbag.
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-10, 01:34 PM   #20
Bad Mother Arse Lover

I turn up my nose at you, sir.
Old 30-08-10, 02:33 PM   #21
Lazlow

PPD: 7.11
Threads: 265
Lazlow's Team is: eagles
Lazlow milleted all the pep
Lazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Farmer's Union ftw
Lazlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-10, 03:47 PM   #22
Bad Mother Arse Lover

It's actually not terrible. Goes a treat with a meat pie, or something else bogan.
Old 30-08-10, 04:47 PM   #23
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

PPD: 7.66
Threads: 1077
sausage milleted all the pep
sausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

I just finished a cup of "coffee" now; shit was awesome.
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-10, 04:49 PM   #24
king of the fags
eheheeheehehehehe

PPD: 2.37
Threads: 223
king of the fags's Team is: power
king of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuck
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
It's actually not terrible. Goes a treat with a meat pie, or something else bogan.
Goes a treat with living in Gawler/being unemployed then?
king of the fags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-10, 05:36 PM   #25
super8

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
I just finished a cup of "coffee" now; shit was awesome.
Did you close your eyes and suck the coffee out of a hose?
Old 30-08-10, 05:58 PM   #26
super8

My milk went bad so I had to make myself a black coffee, shit was so cash.
Old 30-08-10, 06:33 PM   #27
Indiana Banderas
Single for the night.

Quote:
You're not meant to have white coffee strong. You might be able to get away with it if your beans are low in acidity and you don't add any sugar but still, wut is wrong wit u.
Fuck you, I'll have it how I like. I get minor body highs from the coffee I make and it tastes superb so I ain't complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlow View Post
Farmer's Union ftw
I used to love a Farmer's until I noticed there is 57.6 grams of sugar in every 600ml. Haven't touched one since.
Old 30-08-10, 06:59 PM   #28
Bad Mother Arse Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinkasaurus Rex View Post
Goes a treat with living in Gawler/being unemployed then?
I occasionally like to slum it, rub shoulders with the locals, etc.
Old 11-09-11, 09:17 PM   #29
Bad Mother Arse Lover

Sugar cravings. Okay, how to placate... Dr. Pepper! Wait, no, already had a can today, shit is expensive. Cappuccino! Wait, just cleaned the milk frother, don't want to get it dirty again. Fuck it, I'll just add 1 & 1/2 tea spoons raw sugar to my nightly extra-strong short black.

I'm sure I've had worse ideas but right now, none come to mind. Tastes like... bourbon. Hot bourbon.
Old 11-09-11, 09:21 PM   #30
mittens

i quite like hot bourbon
Old 11-09-11, 10:36 PM   #31
Vinny No-Post
事実は事実です。~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Just checking in, guys, letting you know that coffee is still shit.
Old 11-09-11, 10:47 PM   #32
Dancel Pow
good kid maff city

PPD: 5.65
Threads: 83
Dancel Pow's Team is: blues
Dancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoonDancel Pow has the third spoon
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

pussy tier
Dancel Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 10:56 PM   #33
Dick Car Derby

PPD: 23.03
Threads: 1461
Dick Car Derby's Team is: eagles
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

lovin' coffee lyf
Dick Car Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 11:04 PM   #34
fucko
reddit gold prospector

PPD: 6.31
Threads: 255
fucko's Team is: eagles
fucko found the cure for depression
fucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depressionfucko found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)

how catty.
fucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 07:29 AM   #35
Readman

PPD: 3.84
Threads: 684
Readman's Team is: blues
Readman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuckReadman is down to fuck
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

flat white lyf
Readman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 08:27 AM   #36
super8

no sugar
Old 12-09-11, 04:53 PM   #37
king of the fags
eheheeheehehehehe

PPD: 2.37
Threads: 223
king of the fags's Team is: power
king of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuckking of the fags is down to fuck
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

long black life so i can let loose my classic line of 'like my penis', then wink seductively at the barista.
king of the fags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 08:41 PM   #38
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

7 espressos today.

Like the boss I am
Old 12-09-11, 10:05 PM   #39
Bad Mother Arse Lover

Enjoying the headache?
Old 12-09-11, 10:08 PM   #40
Dick Car Derby

PPD: 23.03
Threads: 1461
Dick Car Derby's Team is: eagles
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Dick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcamDick Car Derby should get a webcam
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

ITT: icky wishes everyone was a telethon kid like him
Dick Car Derby is offline   Reply With Quote