Shitting Retard Child

Old 20-07-10, 01:12 PM   #1
mittens
I tried so hard And got so far

PPD: 11.23
Threads: 322
mittens's Team is: bombers
mittens found the cure for depression
mittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Articles, Editorials, Essays and What-Not

Figured we could have a thread separate from the news thread, where we post articles not necessarily pertaining to current events.

How America got its name. Already knew the basic outline of the story, but it was interesting to read the fleshed out version.

The work of Roberto Mangabeira Unger. Read it all. It's all good.
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-10, 03:36 PM   #2
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

PPD: 8.04
Threads: 1077
sausage milleted all the pep
sausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)

My two favourite art movements

Futurism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurism

Dada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dada
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 05:44 AM   #3
mittens

mittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depressionmittens found the cure for depression

Lectures can go in here too, by the way.

The author in the age of the internet.
Old 21-07-10, 11:45 AM   #4
Tremendous Boob
fag account

PPD: 0.95
Threads: 28
Tremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'm really digging this futurism stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurism
Marinetti expressed a passionate loathing of everything old, especially political and artistic tradition. "We want no part of it, the past", he wrote, "we the young and strong Futurists!" The Futurists admired speed, technology, youth and violence, the car, the airplane and the industrial city, all that represented the technological triumph of humanity over nature, and they were passionate nationalists. They repudiated the cult of the past and all imitation, praised originality, "however daring, however violent", bore proudly "the smear of madness", dismissed art critics as useless, rebelled against harmony and good taste, swept away all the themes and subjects of all previous art, and gloried in science.
Also I've tried composing like this before:

Aleatoric music
Tremendous Boob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 11:57 AM   #5
mittens

Speaking of the art stuff: trolling is a dadaist revival movement. Discuss.
Old 21-07-10, 11:59 AM   #6
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

sausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pepsausage milleted all the pep

I firmly believe it is; they were the 'proto-trolls' as I think someone else not me pointed out a while ago when we were discussing all things artistic.

actually it might have been on hyper.
Old 21-07-10, 12:08 PM   #7
mittens

We should start an art thread to discuss Readman's latest piece "Neckbeard: a study in rage" from theforams collection.
Old 21-07-10, 12:10 PM   #8
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

fuck yeah

Last edited by sausage; 21-07-10 at 12:13 PM.
Old 21-07-10, 12:30 PM   #9
Tremendous Boob
fag account

Tremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUMTremendous Boob 'S POWER IS MAXIMUM

It's about time that sub-forum got used.
Old 21-07-10, 12:33 PM   #10
mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Peter View Post
Also I've tried composing like this before:

Aleatoric music
I didn't see this tacked on the bottom there.

I have never come across anyone talented enough to pull off a completely aleatoric piece, that actually sounds good (see most free jazz). It often works well in sections, though. Such as scat (teehee) addendums and incorporating free jazz into structured songs.
Old 21-07-10, 12:42 PM   #11
Tremendous Boob
fag account

That sounds more like improvisation than actual randomness.

Actually

Quote:
music in which some element of the composition is left to chance, and/or some primary element of a composed work's realization is left to the determination of its performer(s).
my bad.

I think completely improvised music could work. Potentially. But entirely random music probably wouldn't as it doesn't actually allow taste to determine the composition. Unless it's actually good by chance, but that kinda defeats the point.

I think.

Anyway I basically wanna use it by rolling dice to get interesting rhythms.
Old 21-07-10, 12:47 PM   #12
mittens

There's a form of electronic music made back when computers were the size of a room, that used completely random computer generated noises to make music. I can't think of what it's called, though.
Old 21-07-10, 12:50 PM   #13
mittens

Musique concrete is what I was thinking of. Not really as random as I remember, though.
Old 21-07-10, 12:52 PM   #14
mittens

In fact, that original description couldn't have been more wrong.
Old 21-07-10, 01:04 PM   #15
mittens

Also, as a modern example of musique concrete, there's a guy (I think he's from Melbourne) called Justice Yeldman. He's in a Chinese band called Rice屎Corpse. He amplifies panes of glass then breaks them with his face (fuck yeah). They did a show with Boris and Melt Banana last May at the Opera House. Although, it's not pure musique concrete. They're more a noise rock band that incorporate elements of musique concrete.
Old 21-07-10, 04:09 PM   #16
eintien
Never met a more butthurt guy

PPD: 27.51
Threads: 1373
eintien's Team is: dockers
eintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autists
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to eintien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Peter View Post
I'm really digging this futurism stuff.
I think the Futurists were even better trolls than the Dadaists "HERE'S A STORY ABOUT SOME GUYS GOING OUT DOING DRIFTS CRASHING AND THAT'S REPRESENTS EVERYTHING ABOUT FUTURISM"

Futurist plays are pretty funny too.
eintien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 07:02 PM   #17
Tremendous Boob
fag account

I haven't actually seen any futurist stuff (conciously), I just think the concept sounds cool.
Old 21-07-10, 07:41 PM   #18
dinopoke

PPD: 2.98
Threads: 68
dinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidth
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to dinopoke

I'm pretty sure the Dadaists were better trolls purely because of Duchamp.
dinopoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 10:08 PM   #19
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

PPD: 16.21
Threads: 831
koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart
koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens again View Post
Also, as a modern example of musique concrete, there's a guy (I think he's from Melbourne) called Justice Yeldman. He's in a Chinese band called Rice屎Corpse. He amplifies panes of glass then breaks them with his face (fuck yeah). They did a show with Boris and Melt Banana last May at the Opera House. Although, it's not pure musique concrete. They're more a noise rock band that incorporate elements of musique concrete.
we almost got him to play at a concert we were organising, had to pull out tho. probably because he accidentally swallowed a glass shard or something

also i wrote an essay on authorship and digital media once, it was alright
koolfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 10:16 PM   #20
Bad Mother Arse Lover

PPD: 2.10
Threads: 10
Bad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationship
Send a message via AIM to Bad Mother Arse Lover Send a message via MSN to Bad Mother Arse Lover

I used to write lots of stupid little essays on 'videogame theory', back on *DM*. Christ, what a toss pot.
Bad Mother Arse Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-10, 10:39 PM   #21
dinopoke

PPD: 2.98
Threads: 68
dinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidthdinopoke exceeded bandwidth
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to dinopoke

I wouldn't mind a read. >_>
dinopoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-10, 12:35 AM   #22
mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON'T STOP View Post
we almost got him to play at a concert we were organising, had to pull out tho. probably because he accidentally swallowed a glass shard or something

also i wrote an essay on authorship and digital media once, it was alright
Post it.
Old 22-07-10, 06:55 AM   #23
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AranchineDenny View Post
I think the Futurists were even better trolls than the Dadaists.
That's a interesting assessment but the Futurists were firm believers so in my learned opinion the main prerequisite for trolling is sans in this case.

The juxtaposition of the two movements (with Dada) really fascinates me. They were around at the same time and although the Dadaists weren't targetting the Futurists in particular (they detested everyone), a case could surely be made that the modern equivalent is UYAC (Dada) and theforams (Futurists).
Old 22-07-10, 12:45 PM   #24
eintien

eintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autistseintien is king of the autists

Come on man, the Futurists had an entire country wanting to watch 20 minutes plays where they counted to four and then said a string of non-releated words for a bit, then repeated it three times.
Old 22-07-10, 12:49 PM   #25
mittens

Pretty weak trolling if the people you are trolling actually want it.
Old 22-07-10, 01:14 PM   #26
Tremendous Boob
fag account

Imagine if theforams started going "OMG Readman's about to troll us ^______^"

Last edited by Tremendous Boob; 22-07-10 at 01:16 PM.
Old 22-07-10, 01:16 PM   #27
sausage
Stupid Old Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AranchineDenny View Post
Come on man, the Futurists had an entire country wanting to watch 20 minutes plays where they counted to four and then said a string of non-releated words for a bit, then repeated it three times.

Sure, but they believed in their movement and at the end of the Great War most of them gave their lives for the cause so as far as principles go they are champion but trolls?

Hmm, not entirely convinced there.
Old 22-07-10, 02:00 PM   #28
eintien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens again View Post
Pretty weak trolling if the people you are trolling actually want it.
They didn't know it was trolling, and they wanted it. That's the perfect troll.
Old 22-07-10, 02:02 PM   #29
mittens

No it's not. I don't think you understand what that word means.
Old 22-07-10, 02:03 PM   #30
eintien

I don't think you understand what that word means.
Old 22-07-10, 02:04 PM   #31
mittens

Learn to read, m8.
Old 22-07-10, 02:32 PM   #32
twofivefour
these guitar notes are so good

PPD: 6.04
Threads: 214
twofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoontwofivefour has the third spoon
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
twofivefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-10, 11:09 AM   #33
Tremendous Boob
fag account

Hitler's Dog

Poor doggy.
Old 28-07-10, 03:06 PM   #34
mittens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Masks_Case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
Old 10-08-10, 04:02 AM   #35
mittens

http://wondermark.com/the-comic-strip-doctor-marmaduke/
Old 13-08-10, 10:21 PM   #36
Bad Mother Arse Lover

PPD: 2.10
Threads: 10
Bad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationshipBad Mother Arse Lover is in an openly fat relationship
Send a message via AIM to Bad Mother Arse Lover Send a message via MSN to Bad Mother Arse Lover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29

Also see linked-to article on mosaicism. Mind = blown. It'd be crazy to think if one half suddenly rejected the other at like 30 years of age, or something.
Bad Mother Arse Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 10:16 PM   #37
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart
koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart

http://mises.org/rothbard/mes.asp

knowledge is power, boys

also hit up categorical imperative on wikipedia
Old 12-09-10, 09:01 AM   #38
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamyaxysphiationx View Post
Post it.
alright, fine. got me a hd at the time, but yeah, it's clearly a university essay.

Digital media has had an enormous impact on how, what and when we write. Do you think that the prevalence of on-line writing (such as blogging, for example) means that long-standing ideas about authorship need to be revised and updated? If so, be explicit as to why and how.

In the past decade, digital media has become a driving force in the consumption of literary content. The number of Internet users has increased dramatically, and the ways in which content on the Internet is created have changed to meet the needs of this growing community. The changes that have taken place most recently form part of what is commonly named “Web 2.0”, a platform of assorted websites and online services that allow the end user to actively generate and moderate their own content. This platform and the breadth and depth of changes it suggests necessitates a revision of the principles of authorship, through specific examples and discussion of the core philosophy surrounding Web 2.0 it becomes clear that digital media is causing the concept of authorship to diminish in modern society. It also becomes clear that there are serious consequences of this, either intended or unintended. If the line between content creator and content consumer is becoming less apparent, then it follows that so too is the line between author and reader.

Before analysing the concept of authorship in relation to Web 2.0, it is necessary to define the specifics of the platform. Web 2.0 does not refer to any specific technical update, rather it refers to the changes in purpose that have occurred in the majority of web-based applications after the inception of the World Wide Web. The key feature of the platform is its ability to utilise the Internet as a means by which to initiate social interactions. Michael Wesch (2007) talks of how Web 2.0 allowed the Internet to move from being a link between people and content to being a link between people themselves. This has also been called a movement from publication to participation (Warschauer & Grimes, 2007).

This participation constitutes an empowerment of the end user; the ability to create content that can be read by various disparate and often unknown-to-the-originator sources not only motivates the reader to create content themselves (Web 2.0 “worships the creative amateur” [Keen, 2006]) but also to dismiss traditional literary channels. If one has unfettered access to content, it stands to reason that the individual would prefer to consume that which has been moderated and approved of by their peers. An example of this is the Causes on Facebook application, the goal of which is described by its creators Project Agape as equal opportunity activism. A user's acceptance of a cause is broadcast to his peers, who will in many cases subsequently accept purely because of their friends approval and not because of any aspect of the cause itself. The cause's author is not considered, only the peers that approve of it. This cycle can theoretically continue through various degrees of separation.

Each Web 2.0 platform allows for varying levels of participation, however wikis often present the greatest potential to be viewed by others and as such, they deserve a degree of attention. The wiki's underlying philosophy is that of widespread collaboration; by allowing content on a singular topic to be created and modified by various parties the end product will in theory be amalgamation of the knowledge bases of all the aforementioned parties. The unintended side-effect of this endless collaboration, however, is the diminished capacity for the reader to discern authorial voice. Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia has discussed the project's ability to “decrease an individual sense of ownership” (2005). This effect is compounded when one considers that the reader has the capability to rework the content itself; Warschauer & Grimes (2007) claim this causes the divide between author and audience to become eliminated.

However, what is the end result of this gradual mitigation and evasion of the previously omniscient author? What sort of society does it construct? In a world where people are able to construct 'The Daily Me', their own virtual newspaper that is invariably shaped and fashioned by what they do and don't find interesting (Negroponte, 1995), what will become of heterogeneity within society? Negroponte's predictions echo those of Wells' A modern utopia (the epilogue of Negroponte's work is titled “The age of optimism”) however they do not consider the social ramifications of such a product.

Sunstein's vision of democracy specifies that “people do not live in information cocoons” (2007), a trait fundamental to the success of 'The Daily Me'. In the features description of Google News, it reads “no one can read all the news that’s published every day, so why not set up your page to show you the stories that best represent your interests?”. This is concerning because it represents the formative steps of “cyberbalkanisation” (Putnam, 2000, pg. 177), of a move from geography-based communities to interest-based communities, communities where “by banding these people together, and giving them comment boxes and diaries to write to each other in, it made them feel not only that their opinions were right, but that their opinions were important” (Barthel, 200.

The prevalence of interest-based communities leads to fragmentation and eventually polarisation (Sunstein, 2007). When considering a singular topic, if one discusses this topic with people who solely share their point of view and reads about it solely from sources that are skewed towards their ideology, it stands to reason that they are more likely to as a result harbour a more extremist belief concerning the topic. Real-world examples abound; the recent health-care reform in the United States was met with rapturous approval from some political parties and threats of violence from others (Horwitz & Pershing, 2010). What will the fallout be from issues that demand global attention and action, such as climate change? It's very possible that “it would be difficult, maybe even impossible, for citizens to establish common ground, solve problems, and discover compassion for one another” (Shapiro, 1999, pg. 123). For a free republic to truly be just that, it must be a system that brings its citizens into contact with a wide range of experiences, more than just the ones they select themselves (Sunstein, 2007).

It should be noted that there are those that speak to Web 2.0's capacity to accommodate and even nurture authorial voice, for example, Chesher (2005) claims that “the author is alive and well, and has a blog”. However the Internet is a rapidly evolving medium and in the years that have passed since Chesher's keynote the ways that blogs are utilised have changed, specifically through the proliferation of microblogging sites such as Tumblr and Twitter. Tumblr states that 3 of each of its 14 posts are 'reblogs', content taken from other Tumblr users. This alone highlights microblogging's ability to undermine authorship, and does not account for content appropriated from other, external websites. Twitter's content is commonly more original, but the format of the platform presents another question: can authorial voice really be conveyed in 140 characters or less? Swartz (2009) offers an answer to this question; “in 140 characters, there's little room for the nuances of personality” .

Authorship is a concept that is defined by the medium chosen to present the authors themselves. To this end, digital media was always going to necessitate a re-evaluation of authorial concepts. The consequences of authorship's recession however, are of a far greater magnitude than they may seem to be at first glance. Personalisation and its Web 2.0 bretheren could lead to a narrowing of experience, a homogenisation. When the user becomes the author, the user becomes charged with the task of shaping who they themselves are and what they stand for. This is an onerous task, and one that should be considered with the utmost of thought. The choices that we make will, perhaps more so than ever, directly influence what happens in our future.
Old 12-09-10, 09:01 AM   #39
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

References:

Barthel, Michael (2008). The BoingBoing Effect. Retrieved from http://www.clapclap.org/2008/10/boingboing-effect.html

Chesher, C. (2005). Blogs and the crisis of authorship. Paper presented at the Blogtalk Downunder Conference. Retrieved April 6, 2010, from http://incsub.org/blogtalk/?page_id=40 Sydney, Australia

Facebook [website]. Retrieved from http://www.project-agape.com

Google News [website]. Retrieved from http://news.google.com/intl/en_au/ab...ogle_news.html

Horwitz, Sari & Pershing, Ben (2010). Anger over health-care reform spurs rise in threats against Congress members. Retrieved from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?nav=hcmodule

Keen, Andrew (2006). Web 2.0. Retrieved from http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...6/714fjczq.asp

Negroponte, Nicholas (1995). Being digital. Knopf: New York.

Putnam, Robert (2000). Bowling alone. Simon and Schuster: New York.

Shapiro, Andrew (1999). The control revolution. Public Affairs: New York.

Sunstein, Cass (2007). Republic.com 2.0. Princeton University Press: New Jersey.

Swartz, Aaron (2009). What kind of a thing is Twitter? Retrieved from http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/twitter

Tumblr [website]. Retrieved from http://www.tumblr.com/about

Twitter [website]. Retrieved from http://www.twitter.com

Wales, Jimmy (2005). Jimmy Wales' lecture at Stanford University on 2/9/2005. Retrieved from http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Jimmy_...ty_on_2/9/2005.

Warschauer, Mark & Grimes, Douglas (2007). Audience, Authorship & Artifact: The Emergent Semiotics of Web 2.0. Annual Review of Applied Linguistics 27, 1.23.

Wells, H.G (2005). A modern utopia. Penguin Group: New York.

Wesch, Michael (2007). Web 2.0: The machine is us/ing us [Video]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE
Old 04-06-11, 02:56 PM   #40
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

http://harpers.org/archive/2010/05/0082932

good read about cell-phone radiation

anyone else here go to longform.org?

Tags
file:///c:/users/thw/downloads/, shut up william, shut up wilson