Go Back   Upstanding Young Adult Club Forums > The Main Forums > Lounge

User Tag List

Old 03-07-09, 09:00 PM   #1
bagsnake
bogsnake

PPD: 19.43
Threads: 2213
bagsnake's Team is: magpies
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default MMA,K-1,Boxing,grappling thread for combat sports

Laz made V1
BM2 made V2

it's appropriate I make the 3rd.

bagsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-09, 09:09 PM   #2
franks

PPD: 0.04
Threads: 1
franks could be a spambot - we aren't sure
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just finished watching the 1st half of the ultimate fighter 2 season finale. Can I just say that Luke Cummo is a fucking champ for being a nerd that kicks arse.
franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-09, 09:20 PM   #3
bagsnake
bogsnake

bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs
bagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugsbagsnake is the king of rub and tugs

Shame that the dude drinks his own pee

>____>

EDIT: AHH WHO CARES, EVEN MACHIDA AND JOE ROGAN DO IT

But I liked his showings on TUF2. He had a few moves pulled straight from Ong Bak.
Old 03-07-09, 09:38 PM   #4
franks

He's a weird one alright, but that's what makes him cool.

I wish I had cable so I could watch UFC and know what you're talking about =/

At the moment I'm just dl'ing and watching the ultimate fighter seasons.
Old 03-07-09, 09:43 PM   #5
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by franks View Post
He's a weird one alright, but that's what makes him cool.

I wish I had cable so I could watch UFC and know what you're talking about =/

At the moment I'm just dl'ing and watching the ultimate fighter seasons.
I don't have cable. <___<

Seasons 1, 5 and 8 are my favs.
Old 03-07-09, 09:43 PM   #6
Lazlow

PPD: 7.41
Threads: 264
Lazlow's Team is: eagles
Lazlow milleted all the pep
Lazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've never had cable/Pay TV. I do the same, download fights, constantly read MMAweekly.com/Sherdog.com, and buy the DVDs when JB gets them in.

Though I haven't bought a UFC event since they hit the early 80s now. Kinda lost interest when the whole promo is tied in with TUF which I absolutely loathe now. I haven't watched passed TUF3.

So Tito v Fedor, who do you guys have winning that one? >_>
Lazlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-09, 09:47 PM   #7
bagsnake
bogsnake

Zuffa is frustrating and corrupt*... but good mma is good mma. I'll take what comes regardless of the label.

*So did you hear Dana's latest? "anybody who signs to be in the EAsports MMA game will NEVER be allowed to fight in the UFC"

AND

apparently managers can't deal with fighters directly now. They have to pay Zuffa to get approval to the fighters that they want to sponsor. If they don't, Zuffa will ban the sponsor ala Matt Lindland fiasco and Affliction.

HOW UGLY AND SLIMY IS THAT!?

edit: oh and lazlow, cmon, you're gonna watch tuf 10 with Kimbo, admit it :P
it has Wes Sims also. LMAO
Old 03-07-09, 09:51 PM   #8
Lazlow

Lazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pepLazlow milleted all the pep

Yeah, they just banned Hayabusa fight wear yesterday apparently. Cote and Kang are sponsored by them. Guess they'll have to fight nude. This is after they just banned Dethrone, One More Round, and Rolling Stone in late June, plus a whole slew of poker sites.
Old 03-07-09, 10:32 PM   #9
franks

When I watched Rich Franklin vs Ken Shamrock I thought Rich was a punk.

But after watching the ultimate fighter 2, I've gained much respect for him. Seems like a very intelligent and calm guy.

Also, I found out he use to be a maths teacher before he got involved in mma. Seeing your maths teacher kick Ken Shamrocks arse - that would be awesome.
Old 03-07-09, 11:25 PM   #10
Lazlow

I still think that Ken/Rich was a work >_>
Old 04-07-09, 12:04 AM   #11
bagsnake
bogsnake

Because beating Ken Shamrock legitimately is beyond Rich Franklin? >___> <____<

But on the topic. The most shady fight in my mind is always Mirko vs Randlemann 2, and it's not like Mirko wouldn't have just punted his head into the 10th row if it wasn't. But that's my tin foil hat conspiracy theory match.
Old 04-07-09, 12:07 AM   #12
Lazlow

Quote:
Because beating Ken Shamrock legitimately is beyond Rich Franklin?
Not that. Just the slip, and both their reactions... Ken just sat there, and Rich had like a delayed reaction. >_>
Old 04-07-09, 02:21 AM   #13
Lazlow

Pretty funny that Sherdog has done a Top 5 fights of 2009 (so far) and none of them come from a UFC PPV. Sucks we don't get UFNs released on DVD. I haven't even seen a compilation disc.
Old 04-07-09, 01:01 PM   #14
rampaging bowie

Threads: 10
rampaging bowie moderates for hyperactive forums

violence is wrong

enjoy brain damage you idiots
rampaging bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 01:13 PM   #15
bagsnake
bogsnake

So CC might be going to UFC afterall. Apparently he got an offer that he can't refuse.... How is CC of all people the only guy who consistently succeeds in hard balling Zuffa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlow View Post
Pretty funny that Sherdog has done a Top 5 fights of 2009 (so far) and none of them come from a UFC PPV. Sucks we don't get UFNs released on DVD. I haven't even seen a compilation disc.
What's more funny is they missed the actual best fights so far this year >___>

Tokoro v Cullum?
Old 04-07-09, 07:45 PM   #16
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
New CC article: The numbers generated at the UFC 99 event was enough for Lorenzo...
to pay Mirko a visit.

Another croatian site (more reliable than Index.hr) confirming Lorenzo did indeed visit Mirko.

Sportal.hr - Cro Copu iz UFC-a stigla bolja ponuda, sportal, ostali sportovi, borilańćki sportovi

Everything except the visit is unconfirmed information:

- Apparently the numbers showed the ticket sales and pay per views dramatically increased when they officially announced Mirko's participation at the UFC 99 and that was enough for Lorenzo to make a personal visit to CC.

- They had lunch at CC's house and Lorenzo made an offer that is hard to refuse.

- Unconfirmed sources told them they offered him more fights, presumably in September and January. Cain Velasquez is a potential opponent and it's Mirko's wish to fight the winner of Couture/Nogueira.

He is still a draw!
Old 04-07-09, 11:32 PM   #17
Lazlow

Makes sense if they want to break into the eastern block.
Old 06-07-09, 01:01 PM   #18
bagsnake
bogsnake

So according to Sherdog's poll, UFC 100 is the best MMA card ever put together.

/facepalm
Old 06-07-09, 03:54 PM   #19
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

PPD: 0.07
Threads: 2
fishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemoth

Wasn't this thread supposed to have gifs?

fishfishmonkeyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 04:00 PM   #20
franks

hahaha that's gold
Old 06-07-09, 05:08 PM   #21
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfishmonkeyhat View Post
Wasn't this thread supposed to have gifs?

You're right!
Old 06-07-09, 08:09 PM   #22
franks

Ohhhhhhhh yeah.

Not a gif, but a fantastic photo.
Old 06-07-09, 10:15 PM   #23
fishfishmonkeyhat
GARBAGE ROTATE!?

PPD: 0.07
Threads: 2
fishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemothfishfishmonkeyhat is a posting behemoth

Currently going through a SA gif thread.
fishfishmonkeyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 10:40 PM   #24
BM2
RIP! UYAC bog (。˘з˘)ᗡლ==8

PPD: 4.21
Threads: 78
BM2 found the cure for depression
BM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

I'M BACK

Now time to catch up on everything that I have missed.

By the way, what happens if we need to create v4? Who creates that? ...Sweating Bullets? <.<
BM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 10:44 PM   #25
bagsnake
bogsnake

ITS BM2

thank god. That was a scary couple of weeks.
Old 06-07-09, 11:47 PM   #26
BM2

BM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depressionBM2 found the cure for depression

It was scary for me too! I tried to post something about Misaki (something along the lines of LOL MISAKI) while I was over there and I got a character limit message! I thought MJ was dead!

<.<

And the exciting news begins already: Gomi looks like he will be fighting at Affliction 3 after all - against a fellow named Rafaello Oliveira, who according to fightfinder, has defeated a guy named "Big Big" an impressive two times.

Also, ARONA is finally fighting again - against none other than Marvin Eastman - on a Brazilian card that is also rumoured to potentially feature Lil Nog, Rizzo, Filho, Belfort, Ninja??
Old 06-07-09, 11:56 PM   #27
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
It was scary for me too! I tried to post something about Misaki (something along the lines of LOL MISAKI) while I was over there and I got a character limit message! I thought MJ was dead!

<.<

And the exciting news begins already: Gomi looks like he will be fighting at Affliction 3 after all - against a fellow named Rafaello Oliveira, who according to fightfinder, has defeated a guy named "Big Big" an impressive two times.

Also, ARONA is finally fighting again - against none other than Marvin Eastman - on a Brazilian card that is also rumoured to potentially feature Lil Nog, Rizzo, Filho, Belfort, Ninja??
Big Big is no match for "Count Blackula"

http://www.sherdog.com./fighter/Count-Blackula-15452

Lol Misaki indeed. It is interesting though, because he won't be fighting in Japan. It's always cool to see a Japanese fighter come stateside that is actually competent and won't just get beat up then morons say "UFC RULZ JAPAN".

You know what weight Arona will fight Eastman at? 205 I presume?

I strongly doubt Belfort will fight there. Since he has 1 fight left on contract then UFC basically want to sign him and put him straight into a title shot. (hahaha sucked in Yushin "Karo2" Okami)
Old 07-07-09, 12:27 AM   #28
Lazlow

Quote:
Lol Misaki indeed. It is interesting though, because he won't be fighting in Japan.
Read that he wont be getting paid for his fight against Nakamura at Sengoku 9, his purse will be donated to some charity.
Old 07-07-09, 12:29 AM   #29
bagsnake
bogsnake

What cracks me up is the police officer claims to have an injured hand because of the sidemirror.

Actually. Will a suspended sentence prevent Misaki from fighting abroad?
Old 07-07-09, 12:35 AM   #30
Lazlow

It may prevent him from getting a Visa. Unrelated field, but Frost (drummer for Satyricon) couldn't get a Visa into the US for nearly 10 years due to a bar fight.
Old 07-07-09, 02:11 AM   #31
BM2

Imanari Super Grappling Techniques

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9P9RUH3E
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QW0QPFVJ

YESSSSSSS
Old 07-07-09, 03:10 AM   #32
BM2

Oh, also, Overeem versus Werdum 2 for the Strikeforce HW title on their Carano-Cyborg mega card. A wise decision - no need to waste Black Fedor Rogers on a card that already has serious mass appeal.

EDIT: And Barnett attempts (badly) to cut an Ultimate Warrior promo (6:24)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPG3YoQ5N8

EDIT2: For reference, here is the current Strikeforce card:

- Gina Carano (7-0) vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (7-1)
- Josh Thomson (16-2) vs. Gilbert Melendez (15-2)
- Alistair Overeem (29-11) vs. Fabricio Werdum (11-4-1)
- Nick Diaz (20-7) vs. Joe Riggs (30-10)
- Jake Shields (23-4-1) vs. Matt Lindland (21-6)
- Erin Toughill (10-2-1) vs. Marloes Coenen (16-3)
- Roger Gracie (2-0) vs. TBA
- Billy Evangelista (9-1) vs. TBA
- Poppies Martinez (16-5) vs. TBA

EVEN ROGER GRACIE. They're pulling out all the stops for this one. O.o

Smart of them to stick Toughill on this one. But Shields-Lindland is slightly inexplicable to me from a booking perspective. They must be looking for a quiet Shields victory to keep him doing something.

Last edited by BM2; 07-07-09 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-07-09, 11:39 AM   #33
bagsnake
bogsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2 View Post
Oh, also, Overeem versus Werdum 2 for the Strikeforce HW title on their Carano-Cyborg mega card. A wise decision - no need to waste Black Fedor Rogers on a card that already has serious mass appeal.

EDIT: And Barnett attempts (badly) to cut an Ultimate Warrior promo (6:24)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPG3YoQ5N8

EDIT2: For reference, here is the current Strikeforce card:

- Gina Carano (7-0) vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (7-1)
- Josh Thomson (16-2) vs. Gilbert Melendez (15-2)
- Alistair Overeem (29-11) vs. Fabricio Werdum (11-4-1)
- Nick Diaz (20-7) vs. Joe Riggs (30-10)
- Jake Shields (23-4-1) vs. Matt Lindland (21-6)
- Erin Toughill (10-2-1) vs. Marloes Coenen (16-3)
- Roger Gracie (2-0) vs. TBA
- Billy Evangelista (9-1) vs. TBA
- Poppies Martinez (16-5) vs. TBA

EVEN ROGER GRACIE. They're pulling out all the stops for this one. O.o

Smart of them to stick Toughill on this one. But Shields-Lindland is slightly inexplicable to me from a booking perspective. They must be looking for a quiet Shields victory to keep him doing something.
Lindland vs Shields is bad booking. Lindland vs anybody is bad booking. Zuffa knew it, that's why they fired him so Rich Franklin could get the title without fighting him >_>
Old 07-07-09, 01:58 PM   #34
Lazlow

They plan on inducting Mask (whatever his real name is, Tapout dude who died) into the UFC Hall of Fame at UFC 100 (along with Liddell).

The UFC HoF was already pretty worthless, this just makes it a joke.
Old 07-07-09, 02:51 PM   #35
bagsnake
bogsnake

Heh. Mask went from universally despised and considered a total embarrassment to loved-by-all hero to MMA overnight. All he needed to do was die.
Old 07-07-09, 05:12 PM   #36
BM2

Hmmmm. Methinks that Strikeforce is trying a little TOO hard for the Carano-Cyborg card. Firstly, the inexplicable Shields-Lindland. Now, Diaz-Riggs 2, formerly pleasant little midcard filler that was perfectly fine all on its own, is now going to be a title match.

Ewwwwwww too far
Old 07-07-09, 05:18 PM   #37
BM2

Also, Zuffa gets slightly more evil, but I guess it's to be expected by now.

Quote:
The UFC is now charging prospective sponsors a $100,000 fee for the right to sponsor fighters that appear on UFC broadcasts for a six month period. This eliminates all the small-time sponsors because they may be able to pay $1,000 to a fighter but they arenít paying $100,000 to UFC for the right to pay $1,000 to a fighter. The ones hurt the worst are the low-end guys who are struggling to make it on prelim money contracts. It also lessens the amount of money going to the fighters, because the $200,000 per year going to UFC as a licensing fee means perhaps $200,000, but certainly significantly less, going directly to the fighters.

Expect even MORE Tapout homogeneity?
Old 07-07-09, 05:42 PM   #38
bagsnake
bogsnake

That's a Don King level of ugly.
Old 07-07-09, 05:58 PM   #39
Lazlow

Its seriously almost enough for me to stop supporting the brand altogether. And the fucked thing is, there'll be many in the states who think this sort of action is perfectly fine.

Its like if NASCAR told every motor oil company except Penzoil "you have to pay us $100,000 every 8 races to put your logo on their car".

In all honesty this could be the moment when the tide really turns against the UFC. You have them banning sponsors, then forcing them to pay a fee to promote themselves at events, you have them threatening to ban fighters who wish to appear in a non-UFC game, and you have a stream of talented fighters either walking or being pushed out the door, because they either lose 2 fights or don't sell PPVs like Johnny Wheatfarm does.
Old 07-07-09, 06:16 PM   #40
bagsnake
bogsnake

They push the boundaries over and over but seem to always get away with it with little or no backlash.

One advantage (for crooks) of the sport still being a fad in the states, or considered not as legitimate as other mainstream sports is they are not held to the same standards. The media doesn't ask any hard questions, Dana gets tossed softballs day and night, and refuses to communicate with anybody who may be critical of him.

Actually. It's worse than that, because you get a dude like Tom Atencio who is the first fight promoter in forever to be good to fighters. And people criticise him constantly for "bad business". Not just moron fans, but the fight media make a joke of Affliction as if it is WFA or Bodog.

But at least we have a situation where Zuffa can't control all the talent. There's too much out there. It would just be nice for some of those fighters to get the recognition they deserve as top fighters.

Tags
human cockfighting, indian cricketfighting, kohli slam, lesnar > fedor, minowaman > lesnar, not even readman would fart on a coon, sachin tendulkar celebrity boxing, sachin tendulkar mma, save gary goodridge, sweaty dick punching, war giant silva, watch out for that metal thing, why did you fart on the coons face willy?, wilson farted on that coons face, wilson farts on coons faces errday