User Tag List

Old 09-02-16, 07:04 AM   #321
Grandpa
like paper in fire

PPD: 4.64
Threads: 296
Grandpa's Team is: bombers
Grandpa found the cure for depression
Grandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Snowflake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
willy do you have a leather wallet or leather shoes? just curious
yes I do

(i am preempting the point you will make, but please do me and especially yourself a favour and try to think about why before you respond)
i said just curious bro
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 07:20 AM   #322
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

PPD: 16.34
Threads: 831
koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart
koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Camel Toe View Post
yo Wilson I don't want to talk about this in pms

tapootoke
koolfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 07:21 AM   #323
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart
koolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cartkoolfang has exclusive access to TATs nacho cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatterarbro View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatterarbro
Highlighted the best parts.

I'm out

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

http://www.news.com.au/national/slau...-1226560029984

Quote:
MEATWORKERS are more prone to violence – and women are the worst, according to a new study.
People who work in abattoirs are more likely to be desensitised to suffering, which in turn could make them more likely to be violent towards humans, the research published in the Society and Animals journal found.
Maybe the work attracts people who are predisposed towards violence?
Not to mention that it is generally a lower class job and people of the lower classes are generally more violent

Literally the first thing I thought of as well, and Wilson should know better

Maybe this is what protein deficiency does to you

tapootoke
Old 09-02-16, 07:24 AM   #324
Wally Poois
Wishy washy faggot with no conviction

PPD: 14.00
Threads: 930
Wally Poois's Team is: cats
Wally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuck
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

No I'm aware of that

But please, prove me wrong

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Wally Poois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 07:25 AM   #325
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

Quote:
Quote:
Now, what is veganism? ' the least harm you can do to animals' very similar to the rational community and Peter singer who believe in doing the most good you can do. Often these extreme charity givers will give away their entire earnings to charity, feeling like they can't save the world but they can damn well try.

You're arguments against veganism are twofold: the circle of life fallacy and the but what can I do fallacy.

Do you agree that man had conquered earth?

Do you agree that we are the supreme being on this planet?

Then how can you think that the circle of life is anything but a strawman? It so laughable (see: coco) I find it hard to believe you of all people believe it. We have so twisted life and are so dominant that the food chain does not exist. We are literally above the food chain. Our technology has crushed the natural. We are not big men of the jungle.

The fact alone that we don't have to eat meat is proof enough.

To your other issue. If we can't save all animals then why bother (yes, that is your argument)?

You've given a clue. You said that all animals are equal. Maybe. Oysters don't have a nervous system. It's undecided whether insects feel pain or consciousness which mammals, birds and fish clearly do. But that isn't the point. Do not compare animals.

Compare suffering.

Animals have been bred to be mere objects. Including dogs and cats. They are second class citizens. Why? Farm animals suffer immensely for their short lives all to die for a steak or bucket of chicken. What a waste of a life.

Yes rodents die on harvesting, but putting aside that most grain is grown for livestock, they got to live. They die in an instant. Intended suffering us very different from by the by.

Your entire belief is thus: we all die or we continue with a shrug. And people call my opinions black and white? There see infinite degrees, there are case by case examples. But holding the tenet 'the least suffering caused to animals' always in mind is all that veganism is.

Quote:
And yes the circle of life/it's natural/rule of the jungle is one of your arguments.

And yes you are literally saying 'but I can't solve all the problems so I won't do anything.'

I cut out all the bits of your argument that were pointless emotional appeals or references to unrelated issues.

So let me try to explain my position one more time. I do not believe in the circle of life. I don't think that because predation is natural it is morally good (or bad). I do not think that we have the right to kill animals because of our position in the food chain. That is the circle of life argument as I understand it, and it is one that I don't subscribe to.

What I do believe is that while we have conquered the animal world, while we are supreme in our control over it, we are not and cannot be removed from it. That's a very different thing. Our existence is so extensive that we impact the lives of animals negatively as a matter of course.

That's not an argument against veganism in itself, it's just a fact that informs the second part of my belief which is the root of the moral question: accepting we harm animals by our very existence, do we try to live in a way that least harms animals, or do we accept that harm is an inevitable part of our lives and thus good, because modern society is good?

This isn't a 'I can't fix it all so I won't try' argument, it is a question of whether I consider it morally better to try and minimise my harm through extreme action or to live in modern society which prioritises the wellbeing of my own species over animals. The reason I see these as the only two moral choices is because if I were to truly try to live a 'least harm to animals' moral code, I would be unable to participate in modern society, and by abandoning society I abandon any chance of positively impacting the lives of members of my own species. I choose my own species.

Which brings us to veganism and why I don't consider it a viable moral middle ground between those two positions. I'm going to quote you again for emphasis on what veganism is:

Quote:
Now, what is veganism? ' the least harm you can do to animals'
Quote:
Yes rodents die on harvesting, but putting aside that most grain is grown for livestock, they got to live. They die in an instant. Intended suffering us very different from by the by.
I put it to you that veganism, at least your brand of veganism, is not a position that truly upholds the moral stance of 'the least harm you can do to animals. It's actually 'the least harm I can do to animals without significantly inconveniencing myself.'

You say that animals that die for meat are going through intended suffering and that is worse than the suffering animals experience as a side effect of human activity. Why? Why is the suffering we intend (and try to mitigate) worse than the suffering we just don't care about and could mitigate, but don't try to?

Your belief that animals who inadvertently die as a result of human activity die instantly is just a comforting fiction. An animal that has its back legs crushed by a truck doesn't die instantly, it does agonizingly slowly due to starvation or dehydration, or else dies from massive shock if it's lucky enough to have some of the organs in its lower body crushed. An animal that lives in a body of water near a mine that dies from arsenic poisoning dies slowly through tissue necrosis and stomach ulceration.

I'm not going to go through every way your choices impact animals, but the important point is this; you are making choices that harm animals. Not unavoidable, you need to grow food and drink water to live deaths, but deaths of convenience. You could cut your diet down to probably no more than 10 ingredients and get adequate nutrition, but you like variety. You could stop using electronic technological devices that rely on silica mining, rare earth mining and a host of other damaging activities, but you like having those devices. You don't need them, but you like them. You could stop drinking beer, or anything that isn't water and avoid the need for both the growing of those ingredients and, again, silica mining to produce glass. You could stop refrigerating your food and just buy locally on a daily basis and thus probably avoid the need to use power altogether. You could cook on a wood burning stove and use recycled fuels to power it.

You could do all of those things, but you don't. You make choices that cause suffering and death to animals. It's not unavoidable. You aren't doing the least harm possible to animals, you are doing slightly less harm to some specific animals, but not so much that you have to give up things that you like, but don't need.

That's why I don't agree with veganism as a moral position; because I don't consider it to be a moral position. It's a fiction that you buy into because you are unable or unwilling to make a determination between it is morally right to do the least harm possible to animals vs it is morally right to harm animals for the advancement of our species.

But if you really do want to convince me of the superiority of your moral position, the solution is easy. Just never post again. If you never post again, I will very charitably assume that you've shut off all power, moved closer to your place of work so you can walk everywhere you need, and recycled all your tablets, tvs, computers and consoles. And as you sit in the dark, unable to use electric lights, eating rice and beans for the 50th time, and never able to tell me definitively that you have won, but knowing that you have, you will know that you are living morally. Doing the least harm possible. And your victory will be glorious.
Joe rocketing to the top of my hierarchy

Wish I thought through my positions this thoroughly and interwove Wilson pls go requests so neatly

tapootoke
Old 09-02-16, 07:26 AM   #326
Wally Poois

Wally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuckWally Poois is down to fuck

Positing an alternative doesn't disprove a hypothesis

You should know better than that deks

Must be too much autism

Old 09-02-16, 07:28 AM   #327
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

He explained why he thinks your position is wrong, it's a good explanation and I think he's more than you are

tapootoke
Old 09-02-16, 07:32 AM   #328
Wally Poois

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolfang View Post
He explained why he thinks your position is wrong, it's a good explanation and I think he's more than you are

tapootoke
An explanation based on

Nothing

You idiot

Old 09-02-16, 07:33 AM   #329
Wally Poois

People explain why the earth is flat all the time.

Old 09-02-16, 07:33 AM   #330
Wally Poois

Autistic moron

Old 09-02-16, 07:37 AM   #331
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

Can't wait till people call me well-adjusted to spite Wilson

Then I'll finally be free~~

tapootoke
Old 09-02-16, 08:01 AM   #332
Joe Camel Toe
We've made a huge mistake.

PPD: 3.74
Threads: 116
Joe Camel Toe's Team is: eagles
Joe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoon
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

Not for the purposes of fucking with Wilson, but I don't think you're poorly adjusted. You might secretly be a super autist but you seem aware of it and how it impacts others and want to change it when it's glaringly negative, and generally act in a socially conscious way. Seems pretty well adjusted to me.
Joe Camel Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:03 AM   #333
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

thanks joe
Old 09-02-16, 08:07 AM   #334
Wally Poois

Deks is not socially aware of shit

Old 09-02-16, 08:15 AM   #335
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

PPD: 14.96
Threads: 801
Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

Quote:

Obviously, that's why he ignores you

Quatterarbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:22 AM   #336
Wally Poois

Quote:
Quote:

Still waiting for the evidence backing up your earlier claim

Old 09-02-16, 08:25 AM   #337
Millethouse
Junior Mod

PPD: 17.55
Threads: 342
Millethouse's Team is: giants
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

he even ignored willy at the meet.
Millethouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:28 AM   #338
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

Quatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoonQuatterarbro has the third spoon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still waiting for the evidence backing up your earlier claim

You made a wild claim, you need to back it up, not me

Old 09-02-16, 08:36 AM   #339
Wally Poois

I did

You fucking moron

Old 09-02-16, 08:37 AM   #340
Wally Poois

You are fucking dumb

Old 09-02-16, 08:44 AM   #341
Millethouse
Junior Mod

Millethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best poneMillethouse is the best pone

trying desperately to bring this thread back on track

Old 09-02-16, 08:44 AM   #342
Millethouse
Junior Mod

Old 09-02-16, 08:45 AM   #343
Wally Poois

Christ you're a shit cunt for doing drugs

Old 09-02-16, 08:47 AM   #344
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

Quote:
Quote:

poosting for pooping
Old 09-02-16, 08:52 AM   #345
Millethouse
Junior Mod

Quote:
Christ you're a shit cunt for doing drugs

Old 09-02-16, 08:54 AM   #346
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

That's it, willy is getting restricted again

Old 09-02-16, 08:55 AM   #347
Quatterarbro
Skateboard squats

@Dick Car Derby

Miserable users is the group to limit him to SRS right?

Old 09-02-16, 08:56 AM   #348
Grandpa
like paper in fire

PPD: 4.64
Threads: 296
Grandpa's Team is: bombers
Grandpa found the cure for depression
Grandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depressionGrandpa found the cure for depression
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

don't need to restrict him

he has been pretty much only posting in this thread for the last week
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 09:01 AM   #349
Millethouse
Junior Mod

dont fucken put him in the slums again
Old 09-02-16, 09:21 AM   #350
#1 Millet Fan

PPD: 8.11
Threads: 274
#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep
#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millethouse View Post
Wilson, you're turning into 'that' type of vegan

Tapatap
that implies he didn't dive head-first into being that type of vegan immediately
#1 Millet Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 09:21 AM   #351
#1 Millet Fan

PPD: 8.11
Threads: 274
#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep
#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep#1 Millet Fan milleted all the pep
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

lol second-class citizens

willy you are legitimately stupid
#1 Millet Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 10:27 AM   #352
Wally Poois

Study shows crime goes up the larger the abattoir

Also compares to other low socio-economic work

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...euhfJvfmz0XU1g

Old 09-02-16, 10:27 AM   #353
Wally Poois

Also if you don't think dogs are second class citizens you're a fucking retard

Old 09-02-16, 10:34 AM   #354
Joe Camel Toe

Joe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoonJoe Camel Toe has the third spoon

Dogs aren't citizens fyi
Old 09-02-16, 10:36 AM   #355
koolfang
HAY life eheheehehehee

Quote:
Study shows crime goes up the larger the abattoir

Also compares to other low socio-economic work

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...euhfJvfmz0XU1g

can you pull out the relevant stats from this?
Old 09-02-16, 10:36 AM   #356
Wally Poois

Quote:
Dogs aren't citizens fyi
You're so fucking retarded

Old 09-02-16, 10:37 AM   #357
Wally Poois

I still cannot believe a faggot doesn't understand social justice

Old 09-02-16, 10:37 AM   #358
Joe Camel Toe

That's not very nice
Old 09-02-16, 10:37 AM   #359
Joe Camel Toe

Is using homophobic slurs meant to increase the legitimacy of your argument?
Old 09-02-16, 10:38 AM   #360
Wally Poois

I've given up on getting through your gay skull